Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

Grants


Funding Available for Breast Cancer Education, Treatment, Support, and/or Screening Projects

Community Grant Applications 
Due: November 7, 2014


 

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the nation's largest private provider of funds for breast cancer research and community outreach programs. Through programs like the Komen Race for the Cure® Series and other fundraising and awareness events, Komen Affiliates raise tens of millions of dollars each year to help achieve the organization's promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures. 75% of an Affiliate's revenue stays in the community. The remaining 25% supports the Komen National Award and Research Grant Program.

Susan G. Komen began with a single grant for $28,000 in 1982 and because of continued support, from the thousands of people affected by breast cancer, has been able to fund research every year since. Through their sustained commitment, nearly $775 million in research has been invested, supporting more than 2100 grants, with a broad range of research from the basic biology to treatment to survivorship. 

As one in a network of over 125 Komen Affiliates, the Arkansas Affiliate contributes to the Komen mission funding local community-based breast health education, breast cancer screening and treatment programs for the medically underserved. Since 1994, the Arkansas Race for the Cure has raised over $21 million, of which more than $13 million has been granted to hospitals and non-profit organizations in our 63-county service region.

Any not-for-profit organization that provides breast health and/or breast cancer education, screening, or treatment services may apply for a grant.